Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil vK Phil vK is offline

Default Outline Numbering won't restart

I am using Word 2002 and have a document utilizing Outline Numbering. My
HEADING 3 list will not restart after HEADING 2 even though the "Restart
Numbering After LEVEL 2" box is checked under the "Customize Oultine Numbered
List" box. I have another file with what appears to be the same settings,
and the restart works fine. Any clues to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks-Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Make sure that the correct level number is inserted in the "Number
format" box for level 3. The easiest way to do this is to simply
delete the current contents and reinsert it, making sure to insert the
correct level as well as any previous levels (if required).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP