Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erika Erika is offline

Default How can I start Word without blank page opening up every time?

I know there is a way to open Word without it opening the blank new document,
I just can't remember how.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Erika wrote:
I know there is a way to open Word without it opening the blank new
document, I just can't remember how.

In a desktop shortcut, add /n to the command line in the Target box. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210565.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Use the /n switch to start Word. For example, from the Run dialog box:

winword /n

Alternatively, create a shortcut to the winword.exe file, and then add the
switch to the end of the shortcut.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Erika" wrote:

I know there is a way to open Word without it opening the blank new document,
I just can't remember how.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erika Erika is offline

Yep, That's it exactly, thank you!!
I just added /n to the end of the target line after the quotes. Note: this
only works with a shortcut.

"Erika" wrote:

I know there is a way to open Word without it opening the blank new document,
I just can't remember how.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Erika" wrote in message
Yep, That's it exactly, thank you!!

You are welcome.

I just added /n to the end of the target line after the quotes. Note:
this
only works with a shortcut.

It should work from the Run dialog box as well (or via a command prompt). If
you can't do it with winword /n you may have to specify the full path to the
winword.exe file.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Erika" wrote:

I know there is a way to open Word without it opening the blank new
document,
I just can't remember how.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline