Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jamie Furlong

Default Exam question wrong about Word? Opinions, please!

I had an exam in which the following question was asked:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...L2_602_q22.png
(You may need to "click the pic" to make it full size)

There were 4 questions, but as we were under exam conditions, I had to do a
rather clandestine screen dump to the fileserver, so I didn't get the other
two options, but there were regarding alignment, I think "paragraph
alignment" and "indent". Definitely nothing to do with it.

So, we are left with "font" and "font size".
Definitely not font. But not font size either! So, I called an invigilator
over. She scratched her head, and along came another one.
Eventually, they said "skip that question, see us after".
So, I was sent to the the Office expert, who said "Ah, this is font - the
font size is different".
She then struggled to demonstrate it on Word 2000. She was able to make a
bullet change size, but could not make the line text the SAME size as shown,
AND get the font size dropdown to show a consistant font.
We then tried it on Word 2002. This time, she was able to highlight the
bullets, and make them change size.
But this time they didn't change pattern!
She gave up and said "it must be a different version, I don't know, but the
question cannot be wrong."

This is the ONE question I got wrong (because I hadn't answered it), had
this question been possible, I would have got 100%.

Yes, I still passed, but I'd like to get it sorted properly, for the sake of
other people in the future.

So, before I make a fool of myself to the exam board, is there ANY way this
question CAN be right?
For me, it was just about the satisfaction of getting 100%, but for someone
else, that question might be the difference between pass and fail.