Capn

Default duplication of records

Ok, I created a custom label of 4x6 which I need for my data, which the
directions I received from someone here, thank you by the way. I've done all
the merge fields and everything, their are two 4x6 areas on the sheet, but
when I go to the next page with the next 2 records, the last record on the
duplicating every record, understand any of that? Any help?

Capt.

Doug Robbins

Does that happen when you actually execute the merge to a new document, or
are you just previewing the results? Your mailmerge main document should
consist of just one page. Do you have two pages in it?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Capn" wrote in message
news
Ok, I created a custom label of 4x6 which I need for my data, which the
directions I received from someone here, thank you by the way. I've done
all the merge fields and everything, their are two 4x6 areas on the sheet,
but when I go to the next page with the next 2 records, the last record on
the previous page, repeats again at the top of the next page, basically
duplicating every record, understand any of that? Any help?

Capt.

Capn

There are going to be multiple pages, but it is in the preview part when you
go through and set up the merge fields and then preview it. I only have 40
records it is using in this database, many more in others, I just want to
make sure it won't duplicate everyone when I go to a larger database.
Thought maybe I missed something. Thanks.

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
Does that happen when you actually execute the merge to a new document, or
are you just previewing the results? Your mailmerge main document should
consist of just one page. Do you have two pages in it?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Capn" wrote in message
news
Ok, I created a custom label of 4x6 which I need for my data, which the
directions I received from someone here, thank you by the way. I've done
all the merge fields and everything, their are two 4x6 areas on the
sheet, but when I go to the next page with the next 2 records, the last
record on the previous page, repeats again at the top of the next page,
basically duplicating every record, understand any of that? Any help?

Capt.

Doug Robbins

Try executing the merge to a new document. It should contain what you need
without any duplicates.

It sounds like you are using the Wizard (which does not really make it any
easier). I would suggest that the turn on the Mailmerge toolbar by
selecting Toolbars from the View menu and then select that item. It has
buttons on it that allow you to do all that you need to with mailmerge.

--

"Capn" wrote in message
There are going to be multiple pages, but it is in the preview part when
you go through and set up the merge fields and then preview it. I only
have 40 records it is using in this database, many more in others, I just
want to make sure it won't duplicate everyone when I go to a larger
database. Thought maybe I missed something. Thanks.

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
Does that happen when you actually execute the merge to a new document,
or are you just previewing the results? Your mailmerge main document
should consist of just one page. Do you have two pages in it?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Capn" wrote in message
news
Ok, I created a custom label of 4x6 which I need for my data, which the
directions I received from someone here, thank you by the way. I've done
all the merge fields and everything, their are two 4x6 areas on the
sheet, but when I go to the next page with the next 2 records, the last
record on the previous page, repeats again at the top of the next page,
basically duplicating every record, understand any of that? Any help?

Capt.

Capn

Nope, didn't work, still duplicates all the records now it's in different
places instead of right afterwards. I did the propagate lables thing, does
that mess it up at all. Any help would be great, starting to get really
annoyed, my only other option is to do it one on a page.

Capt.

"Capn" wrote in message
There are going to be multiple pages, but it is in the preview part when
you go through and set up the merge fields and then preview it. I only
have 40 records it is using in this database, many more in others, I just
want to make sure it won't duplicate everyone when I go to a larger
database. Thought maybe I missed something. Thanks.

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
Does that happen when you actually execute the merge to a new document,
or are you just previewing the results? Your mailmerge main document
should consist of just one page. Do you have two pages in it?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Capn" wrote in message
news Ok, I created a custom label of 4x6 which I need for my data, which the
directions I received from someone here, thank you by the way. I've
done all the merge fields and everything, their are two 4x6 areas on
the sheet, but when I go to the next page with the next 2 records, the
last record on the previous page, repeats again at the top of the next
page, basically duplicating every record, understand any of that? Any
help?

Capt.

Doug Robbins

On the mailmerge main document there should be a Next Record field
before the first mergefield on the second label on the page.

As I understand it, you have two labels on the page, so each label in the
main,document should be the same except for the above Next Record field
in the second label

Mailmerge merges the records in the order that they appear in the
datasource, so if you are getting duplicates in different places then you
should check the data source for duplicates.

--

"Capn" wrote in message
news Ok, I created a custom label of 4x6 which I need for my data, which
the directions I received from someone here, thank you by the way.
I've done all the merge fields and everything, their are two 4x6 areas
on the sheet, but when I go to the next page with the next 2 records,
the last record on the previous page, repeats again at the top of the
Any help?

Capt.