Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMaleThing AMaleThing is offline

Default Field Automatic Duplication

I am trying to duplicate a field entry. Currently I am using a
MACROBUTTON-DoFieldClick, but I require the contents of the
information I enter to be duplicated into another location of the
page.

The detail is the customers name. Ideally I would like to input the
customers name at the top of the page, and it be duplicated to another
location on the page.

Sound plusable?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"AMaleThing" wrote in message
I am trying to duplicate a field entry. Currently I am using a
MACROBUTTON-DoFieldClick, but I require the contents of the
information I enter to be duplicated into another location of the
page.

The detail is the customers name. Ideally I would like to input the
customers name at the top of the page, and it be duplicated to another
location on the page.

Sound plusable?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMaleThing AMaleThing is offline

Thank you for this, I didn't realise Word could do this. However its
not what I was looking for.

If I was to type the customers name at the top of a letter, (i.e. MR.
SMITH), I would like another field further down the letter to also
include this same text, e.g. something like:

{MACROBUTTON DoFieldClick = name1}

....Later on in the letter...

{Field = name1}

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What does the "DoFieldClick" macro do? If it creates a bookmark, you can use
a REF field to repeat the data:

{ REF bookmark_name_here }

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"AMaleThing" wrote in message
Thank you for this, I didn't realise Word could do this. However its
not what I was looking for.

If I was to type the customers name at the top of a letter, (i.e. MR.
SMITH), I would like another field further down the letter to also
include this same text, e.g. something like:

{MACROBUTTON DoFieldClick = name1}

...Later on in the letter...

{Field = name1}

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMaleThing AMaleThing is offline

It creates an click-on field. e.g.: Dear: [ENTER NAME HERE]

It doesn't create a bookmark, but I like the idea. How can I create a
bookmark, is there an easy guide to this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

So you are not really using the field to run a macro?

I'm not sure why you don't like the STYLEREF method (which can be used
anywhere in the document, not just in headers and footers). But there are
other methods for repeating data; see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"AMaleThing" wrote in message
It creates an click-on field. e.g.: Dear: [ENTER NAME HERE]

It doesn't create a bookmark, but I like the idea. How can I create a
bookmark, is there an easy guide to this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

From subsequent replies, it's evident that you're using the MacroButton
field in the same way as the MacroButton NoMacro field described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm. If that's the
case, then applying a character style to the MacroButton field will result
in that character style being applied to whatever is typed at the field
position, which can then be repeated with a StyleRef field elsewhere in the
document.

"AMaleThing" wrote in message
Thank you for this, I didn't realise Word could do this. However its
not what I was looking for.

If I was to type the customers name at the top of a letter, (i.e. MR.
SMITH), I would like another field further down the letter to also
include this same text, e.g. something like:

{MACROBUTTON DoFieldClick = name1}

...Later on in the letter...

{Field = name1}

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMaleThing AMaleThing is offline

This is certainly what I am after, thank you.

Is it possible to still use the Text Form Fields without protecting
the document? I would still need to continue typing up my document,
but repeat information though out.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMaleThing AMaleThing is offline

I apologise, but I dont understand the macro side of things. Is it
simple enough for someone to copy n paste an example? Don't mean to be
checky, but Ive tried the examples but can't understand Suzannes
suggestion, though it does sound correct.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

This'll explain how to make use of code.

Sharing Macros

And here's another article on repeating info. Sometimes having
multiple articles helps fill in the holes...

Pass Repeated Information in a Word Document
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=224

Finally, you can find several more articles on forms, as well as how
to insert sections to allow for free writing in some areas, at this
link:

http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

Good luck!

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified Instructor, Editor/TechTrax Ezine
Tech Editor for Word & Office 2007 Bibles
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Dian.Chapman

Free PC Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word Tricks eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 07:50:38 -0800 (PST), AMaleThing
wrote:

I apologise, but I dont understand the macro side of things. Is it
simple enough for someone to copy n paste an example? Don't mean to be
checky, but Ive tried the examples but can't understand Suzannes
suggestion, though it does sound correct.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The MacroButton NoMacro field, as explained at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm, doesn't actually
run a macro. All it does is provide a space to easily type in data (because
it allows for a prompt such as [Type name here], can be selected with a
single click, and is overwritten when you type on it).

If you apply a character style to that MacroButton field, whatever you type
over the field will acquire that character style. You can then use a
StyleRef field to reference the text that is formatted with that style (the
text that you typed over the MacroButton field). The syntax of the StyleRef
field is explained at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm, which
also explains how to define a character style.