Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Petewall Petewall is offline

Default pictures from word 2003 document wont appear in word 2007

Some pictures created in a documents in Word 2003 will not show in word 2007.
Instead a black square appears, some of the images show a small amount of the
picture
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Petewall wrote:
Some pictures created in a documents in Word 2003 will not show in
word 2007. Instead a black square appears, some of the images show a
small amount of the picture

It sounds like the paragraph spacing might have changed from "At least" to
"Exactly", so all you're seeing is the little slice of the bottom of the
picture that fits within the height of the paragraph.

First press Ctrl+* (or click the ¶ button on the ribbon) so you can see
nonprinting characters, including the paragraph mark. Right-click the
paragraph mark and choose Paragraph. What does it say the paragraph spacing
is?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Petewall Petewall is offline

Tried that, but still same problem.
Strange thing though, I am sure that pictures did display a couple of days ago

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Petewall wrote:
Some pictures created in a documents in Word 2003 will not show in
word 2007. Instead a black square appears, some of the images show a
small amount of the picture

It sounds like the paragraph spacing might have changed from "At least" to
"Exactly", so all you're seeing is the little slice of the bottom of the
picture that fits within the height of the paragraph.

First press Ctrl+* (or click the ¶ button on the ribbon) so you can see
nonprinting characters, including the paragraph mark. Right-click the
paragraph mark and choose Paragraph. What does it say the paragraph spacing
is?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Another possibility is that Word is overtaxing your video card. Try
this: Go to Start menu Settings Control Panel Display Settings
Advanced Troubleshoot and move the Hardware Acceleration slider

toward the left. Click the Apply button and then try viewing the
pictures in Word. Repeat until either the problem goes away or the
slider is all the way to the left.

If that solves the problem, visit the web site of the video card's
manufacturer to see if they've posted an updated driver.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Petewall wrote:
Some pictures created in a documents in Word 2003 will not show in
word 2007. Instead a black square appears, some of the images show a
small amount of the picture

It sounds like the paragraph spacing might have changed from "At least" to
"Exactly", so all you're seeing is the little slice of the bottom of the
picture that fits within the height of the paragraph.

First press Ctrl+* (or click the ¶ button on the ribbon) so you can see
nonprinting characters, including the paragraph mark. Right-click the
paragraph mark and choose Paragraph. What does it say the paragraph spacing
is?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] queenjj@gmail.com is offline

On Sep 16, 9:28 pm, Petewall
wrote:
Some pictures created in a documents in Word 2003 will not show in word 2007.
Instead a black square appears, some of the images show a small amount of the
picture

We are having the same problem. We have a native 2003 document with
several images. When one opens it up in Word 2007 the images become
black boxes or a small amount of the image appears with the rest
showing up as black. The image typically shows up at the top where the
black is at the lower 2/3s. I have looked through all of the image
formatting and am finding nothing that has changed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chapman.richard chapman.richard is offline

On Sep 19, 7:37 am, wrote:
On Sep 16, 9:28 pm, Petewall
wrote:

Some pictures created in a documents in Word 2003 will not show in word 2007.
Instead a black square appears, some of the images show a small amount of the
picture

We are having the same problem. We have a native 2003 document with
several images. When one opens it up in Word 2007 the images become
black boxes or a small amount of the image appears with the rest
showing up as black. The image typically shows up at the top where the
black is at the lower 2/3s. I have looked through all of the image
formatting and am finding nothing that has changed.

We are having a similar problem with Word 2004 on a mac. We haven't
found a solution either.

Richard.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Caylan Caylan is offline

Having the same problems. Original images scanned in using Omnipage OCR
software.

"chapman.richard" wrote:

On Sep 19, 7:37 am, wrote:
On Sep 16, 9:28 pm, Petewall
wrote:

Some pictures created in a documents in Word 2003 will not show in word 2007.
Instead a black square appears, some of the images show a small amount of the
picture

We are having the same problem. We have a native 2003 document with
several images. When one opens it up in Word 2007 the images become
black boxes or a small amount of the image appears with the rest
showing up as black. The image typically shows up at the top where the
black is at the lower 2/3s. I have looked through all of the image
formatting and am finding nothing that has changed.

We are having a similar problem with Word 2004 on a mac. We haven't
found a solution either.

Richard.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thomas Thomas is offline

Same problem here. All the pictures that I put in my 2003 Word are all black,
except for a few that only 2/3rds are black.

Is it a 2007 fault or a setting?