Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
koolkowz koolkowz is offline

Default Word 2003

I suddenly have found that I am unable to use my right arrow key to navigate
across text. It works in all other applicatioins. Has any body else had this
problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you accidentally reassign it in Word?

Try this:

Press Ctrl+Alt+[plus sign on number pad]

Press the Right Arrow key.

This should show the current assignment for the right arrow key. If it's
correct, it should say CharRight. If if says something else is assigned--or
nothing--then assign CharRight.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"koolkowz" wrote in message
I suddenly have found that I am unable to use my right arrow key to
navigate
across text. It works in all other applicatioins. Has any body else had
this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
koolkowz koolkowz is offline

Herb:

Thanks for the suggestion but I have a Dell notebook so the number pad is
not separate like it would be on a regular keypad. I did press CTrl+Alt+the
plus sign on the keyboard. When I do that a bold plus sign appears on the
screen. When I press the right arrow key, the bold plus sign disappears and
nothing else happens. One thing I do notice when I am in a Word document is
that when I press Ctrl+ the right arrow key, it skips to the end of a word in
the Word document. So the right arrow key works in that circumstance but not
to move one character at a time. Any other suggestions to solve this
puzzling problem would be greatly appreciated.

"koolkowz" wrote in message
I suddenly have found that I am unable to use my right arrow key to
navigate
across text. It works in all other applicatioins. Has any body else had
this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Presumably you still have a way to access the "number pad" on your laptop,
but you can use another method: go to Tools | Customize | Keyboard, select
any command at random, and press the right arrow key as the new keyboard
shortcut. Then look to see what it says for "Currently assigned to."

"koolkowz" wrote in message
I suddenly have found that I am unable to use my right arrow key to
navigate
across text. It works in all other applicatioins. Has any body else

had
this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Default Word 2003 ( Number Pad on a Notebook Computer)

What model Dell notebook do you have? On the Dell Latitude, you can
do what Herb said (on the "number pad") as follows:

1. Press [Num Lk]key -- found on the top row of the keyboard;

2. Find the OTHER '+' sign (the one NOT on the next to top row):
on the Latitude notebook, it is on the question mark key (in blue)

3. Activate that 'number pad' + sign by (a) pressing the FN (in
blue, in the lower left part of the keyboard)and (b) simultaneously
pressing the blue + key

4. Now that you know how to use the number pad key for the + on a
notebook, to follow Herb's direction, you need to press Ctrl+Alt first
and while still holding these two finger positions, press FN+[plus sign
on question mark key]. This 4 key combination is a bit difficult to
finger the first time, but after a time or two, it is no problem.

David

koolkowz wrote:
Herb:

Thanks for the suggestion but I have a Dell notebook so the number pad is
not separate like it would be on a regular keypad.

snip

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I guess you extrapolated the rest of that advice, which was to go to
whatever errant command that was an unassign it! g

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Presumably you still have a way to access the "number pad" on your

laptop,
but you can use another method: go to Tools | Customize | Keyboard,

select
any command at random, and press the right arrow key as the new keyboard
shortcut. Then look to see what it says for "Currently assigned to."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.