Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mikester Mikester is offline

Default Only saves as WORDPAD

I'm in word and every time I save a document it saves as a wordpad document.
I've checked my default format under settings and it is set to save as word
document. But, absolutely everything saves as a wordpad document.

Anybody with advice/comments????
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:35:01 -0700, Mikester
wrote:

I'm in word and every time I save a document it saves as a wordpad document.
I've checked my default format under settings and it is set to save as word
document. But, absolutely everything saves as a wordpad document.

Anybody with advice/comments????

There is no difference between a "Word document" and a "WordPad
document" for what you're doing. The problem is that you have Windows
set up to open all files with a .doc extension in WordPad.

The simplest way to fix the problem is to re-register Word (that is,
reset the entries in the Windows registry that tell it that .doc is
associated with Word and not WordPad). Use the instructions at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...gisterWord.htm.

If you enter the command as shown and you get an error message that
winword.exe can't be found, then you'll have to locate the winword.exe
file -- use Windows search to do that -- and include the entire path
in the command, surrounded by double quotes like this (the number
depends on your version of Office):

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\winword.exe" /r

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Opening and saving doc in Word 2003 but saves in wordpad snowgoose Microsoft Word Help 7 February 5th 07 06:41 PM
Opening and saving doc in Word 2003 but saves in wordpad, help? snowgoose Microsoft Word Help 1 February 2nd 07 05:46 PM
My Microsoft Word (Office 2003 Pro) saves documents as Wordpad? Dusty Microsoft Word Help 3 July 12th 06 11:44 PM
auto saves bill Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 06 11:06 AM
Duplicate saves laxplayer Microsoft Word Help 1 August 23rd 05 09:10 PM