Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
AlSchultz

Default Stop Styles?

Is there any way to stop the annoying (to me, at least) proliferation of
styles in Word 2002? I usually have my own collection of styles I use and
have my templates prepared accordingly. I have Styles set NOT to update or
to add to the template--unless I really want to. But after working with any
document for a while it seems that nearly every style ends up with multiple
variations of itself. Thus Style1 begets Style1 Underline, Style1 10 pts,
Style1 Italics, ad nauseam. I have never seen this problem in previous
versions of Word--such as Word 2000 or even Word 97. (And if we created the
Word 2002 document through scanning and OCR I get hundreds of styles!!!)