BRK

Default bookmark template

I have the microsoft bookmark template (to create/print promotional bookmarks)
The template has 5 bookmarks on a single page - all the same. I want to
create the first one and then duplicate the entire layout into the other
four. Is there a way to do that automatically without using copy/paste of all
the elements (text and picture) and worrying alignment issues?
Anne Troy

As long as you format them properly the first time, you should be able to
just then insert cross references. (Disclaimer: I'm not at all familiar with
the template you're talking about.) Follow the instructions he
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft_word .htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"BRK" wrote in message
I have the microsoft bookmark template (to create/print promotional
bookmarks)
The template has 5 bookmarks on a single page - all the same. I want to
create the first one and then duplicate the entire layout into the other
four. Is there a way to do that automatically without using copy/paste of
all
the elements (text and picture) and worrying alignment issues?

Jay Freedman

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:53:37 -0700, BRK
wrote:

I have the microsoft bookmark template (to create/print promotional bookmarks)
The template has 5 bookmarks on a single page - all the same. I want to
create the first one and then duplicate the entire layout into the other
four. Is there a way to do that automatically without using copy/paste of all
the elements (text and picture) and worrying alignment issues?

Frankly, that's one of the worst templates I've ever seen. (I just put
a 1-star rating on it, and I suggest you do the same.) There really
isn't any way to be sure you aren't going to misalign the text boxes
and other elements.

Leaving aside my opinion that the design is fairly ugly, it should be
set up in tables with form fields and cross references, so that
filling in the details in the first bookmark automatically propagates
to the others. I recreated the template with those features and posted
it at http://jay-freedman.info for you to download. If you have any
questions about it, feel free to ask.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Anne Troy

Terrific, Jay! May I like to your page?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

wrote:

[...]

Jay Freedman

Link, like, whatever.... sure!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KEW

I am not able to make any changes on your updated template.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Kristy