Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cmb cmb is offline

Default Bookfold printing with HP printer

I created a bookfold document which creates a 4.75 wide by 5.5 tall booklet.
I print it on paper that is 8.5" wide and 5.5" tall (half of letter size). I
have been able to successfully print on my Epson photo printer but am not
able to print on a newer HP printer (HP 8050). I wonder if anyone knows what
I might be doing wrong. The "page setup" within Word is for a custom paper
size of 8.5" wide by 5.5" tall and bookfold option is selected and landscape
is automatically selected as well. In the HP driver I have also defined the
paper size to be half letter size and the output is always printed as though
I had specified a full size booklet of 5.5" wide by 8.5" tall (90 degrees off
from the direction it should have printed). The result is the same whether I
set the HP driver to landscape or portrait. I feed the paper into the
printer so that it is 8.5 inches across.