Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Debbie S. Debbie S. is offline

Default booklet design?

Is there a way, in word, to create a document that is designed like a
booklet? For example, a program for an event or show. So the pages would be
formatted as landscape, but when you print it, the pages would automatically
paginate correctly (so let's say in a five page program--the first page would
have pages 1 and 5, the second page pages 2 and 4, and then pages 3 and I
guess the outside page?) Is this making sense? I've been told you used to be
able to do this in wordperfect. Is something similar possible in word?

Hope someone can help.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have Word 2002 or above, you can use "Book fold." For earlier
versions (or if you get fed up with "Book fold"), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

"Debbie S." wrote in message
Is there a way, in word, to create a document that is designed like a
booklet? For example, a program for an event or show. So the pages would
be
formatted as landscape, but when you print it, the pages would
automatically
paginate correctly (so let's say in a five page program--the first page
would
have pages 1 and 5, the second page pages 2 and 4, and then pages 3 and I
guess the outside page?) Is this making sense? I've been told you used to
be
able to do this in wordperfect. Is something similar possible in word?

Hope someone can help.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On the Margins tab of Page Setup, in the "Multiple pages" list. Did it occur
to you to search Help for "book fold" or "booklet"? You would have had the
information a lot faster, through the Help topic "Create a folded booklet."

"Debbie S." wrote in message
Is there a way, in word, to create a document that is designed like a
booklet? For example, a program for an event or show. So the pages
would
be
formatted as landscape, but when you print it, the pages would
automatically
paginate correctly (so let's say in a five page program--the first page
would
have pages 1 and 5, the second page pages 2 and 4, and then pages 3 and
guess the outside page?) Is this making sense? I've been told you used
be
able to do this in wordperfect. Is something similar possible in word?

Hope someone can help.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Debbie S. Debbie S. is offline

yes, of course that occurred to me. When i did search for that nothing came
up. Otherwise I would not have posted the question.

design job log job log Page Layout 1 February 11th 07 04:09 PM
How to print a Word booklet same as 1/4 page Outlook booklet? MGlaeske Page Layout 0 September 27th 06 07:00 PM
bar ground design drbak New Users 1 October 22nd 05 06:12 PM
Design Mode Michael Blogg Microsoft Word Help 1 July 28th 05 02:54 PM
design document with built in styles for training design KIT Microsoft Word Help 0 June 30th 05 01:10 PM