Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anteo Anteo is offline

Default Bookmark wrong

With Word2003 and Word2007 the bookmarks defined into an empty text-cell
defining the border of the bookmark seems going well.
If the bookmark is defined in a cell with deisgned border during saving
appens something strange: the bookmark start goes to the beginning of the
document.
you can see this if you save, close and reopen the document.
For example:
aa [bookmark]
after saving became:
[aa bookmark]
And this is wrong.

This seems an experimented bug of Office 2003 and 2007 (Word).
Anyone know if MS has an answer/fix or where I can send my bug-indication?

Tx all.
Anteo.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are you sure that you bookmarked the text in the cell and not the entire
cell?

On the other hand, note that if you bookmarked text at the very beginning of
a paragraph and then added text (or a paragraph) there, it is quite normal
for the bookmark to expand to include the newly added text. Redefine the
bookmark, via the Bookmark dialog box, so that it encloses the correct piece
of text. The task will be easier if you display bookmarks in Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Anteo" wrote in message
With Word2003 and Word2007 the bookmarks defined into an empty text-cell
defining the border of the bookmark seems going well.
If the bookmark is defined in a cell with deisgned border during saving
appens something strange: the bookmark start goes to the beginning of the
document.
you can see this if you save, close and reopen the document.
For example:
aa [bookmark]
after saving became:
[aa bookmark]
And this is wrong.

This seems an experimented bug of Office 2003 and 2007 (Word).
Anyone know if MS has an answer/fix or where I can send my bug-indication?

Tx all.
Anteo.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anteo Anteo is offline

I already display the bookmark in the document, infact I see [ and ].
The cell isn't selected. The bookmark is defined entirely into the cell.
The thing I see is that:
from a [b] [c] [d] ..... [z]
after saving the file and reopening the bookmarks became:
[a [b] c] d] e] f] ... [x] ... [z]

Tx, Anteo.

"Anteo" wrote in message
With Word2003 and Word2007 the bookmarks defined into an empty text-cell
defining the border of the bookmark seems going well.
If the bookmark is defined in a cell with deisgned border during saving
appens something strange: the bookmark start goes to the beginning of the
document.
you can see this if you save, close and reopen the document.
For example:
aa [bookmark]
after saving became:
[aa bookmark]
And this is wrong.

This seems an experimented bug of Office 2003 and 2007 (Word).
Anyone know if MS has an answer/fix or where I can send my bug-indication?

Tx all.
Anteo.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Does this happen with a particular (set of) document(s) or with all
documents?

Are you using any add-ins with Word? See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...sInstalled.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Anteo" wrote in message
With Word2003 and Word2007 the bookmarks defined into an empty
text-cell
defining the border of the bookmark seems going well.
If the bookmark is defined in a cell with deisgned border during saving
appens something strange: the bookmark start goes to the beginning of
the
document.
you can see this if you save, close and reopen the document.
For example:
aa [bookmark]
after saving became:
[aa bookmark]
And this is wrong.

This seems an experimented bug of Office 2003 and 2007 (Word).
Anyone know if MS has an answer/fix or where I can send my
bug-indication?

Tx all.
Anteo.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anteo Anteo is offline

No plug in installed. I tryed with a word 2007 and a word 2003.
Seems for all documents with that situation of bookmark.

"Anteo" wrote in message
With Word2003 and Word2007 the bookmarks defined into an empty
text-cell
defining the border of the bookmark seems going well.
If the bookmark is defined in a cell with deisgned border during saving
appens something strange: the bookmark start goes to the beginning of
the
document.
you can see this if you save, close and reopen the document.
For example:
aa [bookmark]
after saving became:
[aa bookmark]
And this is wrong.

This seems an experimented bug of Office 2003 and 2007 (Word).
Anyone know if MS has an answer/fix or where I can send my
bug-indication?

Tx all.
Anteo.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The behavior you are describing certainly isn't to be expected with Word.

If you exit the application and rename the normal.dotm file (normal.dot for
Word 2003), does that fix things?

~~
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Anteo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anteo Anteo is offline

No.
Things remain the same.

"Anteo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Sorry, I am running out of ideas. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Anteo" wrote in message
No.
Things remain the same.

"Anteo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anteo Anteo is offline

Tx.
Do you know where I can signal this like a bug?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Sorry, I am running out of ideas. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Anteo" wrote in message
No.
Things remain the same.

"Anteo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Anteo,

What are the exact steps that reproduce this in a new blank document?
From trying to follow the steps in your original message I'm not getting the result you mention, so perhaps I'm not understanding
the steps correctly.

(Word 2007 or Word 2003 steps?)

===========
"Anteo" wrote in message ...
Tx.
Do you know where I can signal this like a bug?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anteo Anteo is offline

Ok. These are the steps:
1) create a table containing datas in two columns (no bookmarks)
2) create another table under the previous containing datas (no bookmarks)
3) inserting all the bookmarks
4) insert numbers like "didascalia" (text box) near some cell
5) save the file
6) reopen the file and discover the bookmarks change their structure

Tell me if are there some problem.

Tx, Anteo.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Anteo,

What are the exact steps that reproduce this in a new blank document?
From trying to follow the steps in your original message I'm not getting the result you mention, so perhaps I'm not understanding
the steps correctly.

(Word 2007 or Word 2003 steps?)

===========
"Anteo" wrote in message ...
Tx.
Do you know where I can signal this like a bug?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Anteo,

Thank you for the followup. Can you provide a link to a screen shot of the 'before saving' and 'after saving' case and prehaps a
link to a document that shows this behavior. I haven't tried it, but another poster used the screen recording tool from
http://utipu.com to demonstrate the steps of an issue.

From your steps I'm still doing a lot of guessing as to what is bookmarked and what is not; what the specific data type you're
entering is and how the use of table borders (mentioned in your original post) play in this.

I wasn't able to produce the effect you mentioned previously:

=================
"Anteo" wrote in message ...
Ok. These are the steps:
1) create a table containing datas in two columns (no bookmarks)
2) create another table under the previous containing datas (no bookmarks)
3) inserting all the bookmarks
4) insert numbers like "didascalia" (text box) near some cell
5) save the file
6) reopen the file and discover the bookmarks change their structure

Tell me if are there some problem.

Tx, Anteo.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anteo Anteo is offline

Here is the link.
http://web.tiscali.it/anteoweb/Documents.rar
This file contains the two files:
Documento NOT Valid
Documento Valid
Try to open the "NOT valid" document and see where are there the bookmarks.
Try to change and correct one of them (C1 for example).
Save and close the file.
Reopen the file, you can see the bookmark you changed is again in the wrong
position.

Tx, Anteo.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Anteo,

Thank you for the followup. Can you provide a link to a screen shot of the 'before saving' and 'after saving' case and prehaps a
link to a document that shows this behavior. I haven't tried it, but another poster used the screen recording tool from
http://utipu.com to demonstrate the steps of an issue.

From your steps I'm still doing a lot of guessing as to what is bookmarked and what is not; what the specific data type you're