Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frustrated Word User[_11_] Frustrated Word User[_11_] is offline

Default Book Printing

I am trying to create and print a small, booklet. For some reason,
every time I try to print it, the pages get out of whack.
Specifically, the back page, front page, and second to last page. I am
getting so frustrated that my hands are about shaking. I have avoided
using word to do this in the past, but I have been forced into this
option. It's almost like there are hidden pages in there somewhere.

Are there any nuances or Microsoft Secrets that Word doesn't feel the
user need be aware of?
Any advise?
Tips?
Medication?

Thanks.

--
Frustrated Word User
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Book fold" has never been entirely reliable. If all else fails (and
especially if it's a reasonably short booklet), change the setting to "2
pages per sheet" and then enter the page numbers in the Pages box in the
Print dialog in the required order to match up pages. You could do this (on
a copy if desired) for just the pages that aren't printing correctly, too.

http://word.mvps.org

"Frustrated Word User" m
wrote in message news:Frustrated.Word.User.4187285@officefrustratio n.com...

I am trying to create and print a small, booklet. For some reason,
every time I try to print it, the pages get out of whack.
Specifically, the back page, front page, and second to last page. I am
getting so frustrated that my hands are about shaking. I have avoided
using word to do this in the past, but I have been forced into this
option. It's almost like there are hidden pages in there somewhere.

Are there any nuances or Microsoft Secrets that Word doesn't feel the
user need be aware of?
Any advise?
Tips?
Medication?

Thanks.

--
Frustrated Word User

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frustrated Word User[_12_] Frustrated Word User[_12_] is offline

I had suspected. Thank you for confirming. I will do as advised.

I sincerely appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Joanna

-

--
Frustrated Word User
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jon McLear Jon McLear is offline

I am having this same problem, I think. I've made dozens of booklets and
this is the first time it has happened (Word 2007). I think I've found a
SOLUTION! --
Save it as a Word 97-2003 document and then try to print it (in
"Compatablilty Mode"). I don't know why it works, but it does. I am able to
print it to my pdf driver without any problems. Yea! What a bug for MS to
let by. yikes.

Good luck!
Jon

"Frustrated Word User" wrote:

I am trying to create and print a small, booklet. For some reason,
every time I try to print it, the pages get out of whack.
Specifically, the back page, front page, and second to last page. I am
getting so frustrated that my hands are about shaking. I have avoided
using word to do this in the past, but I have been forced into this
option. It's almost like there are hidden pages in there somewhere.

Are there any nuances or Microsoft Secrets that Word doesn't feel the
user need be aware of?
Any advise?
Tips?
Medication?

Thanks.

--
Frustrated Word User

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, that's the "solution" we've been given--not very helpful, though, if
you've used any of Word 2007's whizbang new features.

http://word.mvps.org