Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Melanie Melanie is offline

Default Booklet printing from Word 2000 w/a Lexmark 5150 - font size reduc

I am using the Lexmark's booklet printing function. It has reduced the
font/clipart size substantially, and I have already enlarged to font size to
its max. I tried to find something in Lexmark that will allow me to alter
how it shrinks the document with no success. It has also substantially
increased the margins - again I could not find anything helpful thru Lexmark.

Is my only choice to go back to using the mirror margins setting and the
booklet printing instructions from the MVP FAQ?
--
Melanie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Linked from the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm is a macro that
reportedly works for Word 2000. There are also the third--party solutions
mentioned in the article.

"Melanie" wrote in message
I am using the Lexmark's booklet printing function. It has reduced the
font/clipart size substantially, and I have already enlarged to font size

its max. I tried to find something in Lexmark that will allow me to alter
how it shrinks the document with no success. It has also substantially
increased the margins - again I could not find anything helpful thru

Lexmark.

Is my only choice to go back to using the mirror margins setting and the
booklet printing instructions from the MVP FAQ?
--
Melanie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Melanie Melanie is offline

Default Booklet printing from Word 2000 w/a Lexmark 5150 - font size r

I have checked out the macros, but they deal with page numbering, which is
not the issue. I'm looking for info on the font size conversion.
--
Melanie

"Melanie" wrote in message
I am using the Lexmark's booklet printing function. It has reduced the
font/clipart size substantially, and I have already enlarged to font size

its max. I tried to find something in Lexmark that will allow me to alter
how it shrinks the document with no success. It has also substantially
increased the margins - again I could not find anything helpful thru

Lexmark.

Is my only choice to go back to using the mirror margins setting and the
booklet printing instructions from the MVP FAQ?
--
Melanie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

AIUI, the macros work by using Word 2000's "2 pages per sheet" layout option
combined with code to print the corresponding pages on the same sheet. There
should not be any change in font size if this is the case. You will get a
change in size if you use "2 pages per sheet" in the Print dialog.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Linked from the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm is a macro that
reportedly works for Word 2000. There are also the third--party

solutions
mentioned in the article.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Melanie" wrote in message
I am using the Lexmark's booklet printing function. It has reduced

the
font/clipart size substantially, and I have already enlarged to font

size
its max. I tried to find something in Lexmark that will allow me to

alter
how it shrinks the document with no success. It has also

substantially
increased the margins - again I could not find anything helpful thru

Lexmark.

Is my only choice to go back to using the mirror margins setting and

the
booklet printing instructions from the MVP FAQ?
--
Melanie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Melanie Melanie is offline

The Word document is set up as one sheet per page, as if it were a regular
document. I can print it from Word as a standard document with no problem.
It is when I use the "booklet" option in the printer software (Lexmark) that
the reduction occurs - not just the font, but clipart also. Somehow that
software reduces the Word page to fit on the half-size page of the booklet,
but takes it down probably 25% too much.

I tried a live chat session with Lexmark last night, but had a distinct
communication problem with my correspondent, so got nowhere.
--
Melanie