Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Mary is offline

Default booklets with borders

I am TRYING to finish my thesis, but I need a border to change sides of the
paper -- i.e., odd pages border on right, even pages border on left. That
way when the pages are back to back the border is on the outside of the book
where you turn the pages. I can get it to work for the first two pages,
through page formatting, but from page 3 on, it will always stay like the odd
page. HELP!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Theses usually have strict formatting requirements, and usually are not
printed duplex, and I'm surprised this would be accepted by the
institution--but, the proper way would be to turn on Odd/Even Headers
and Footers in File | Page Setup | Layout or via the header/footer
toolbar. Then anchor the border in the right of the odd page footer,
and the left of the even page footer.

If you have been using the Page Border feature, delete everything you
did and start over.

If you have done what I suggest and it isn't working, please explain
exactly what you did, and what happened instead, and what version of
Word and OS you are using.

For detailed information about using the features I recommend, see:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/wordfaqs/AnchorToHeader.htm
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm

Mary wrote:
I am TRYING to finish my thesis, but I need a border to change sides of the
paper -- i.e., odd pages border on right, even pages border on left. That
way when the pages are back to back the border is on the outside of the book
where you turn the pages. I can get it to work for the first two pages,
through page formatting, but from page 3 on, it will always stay like the odd
page. HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Mary is offline

Thanks for your help! I'll give it a try.

I know usually schools are very strict with the format of their thesis
study, and it is for every other department in my university.

But, I am receiving an MFA -- fine arts -- interior architecture. They want
it to look like we are art majors. Alot of the formats go "out the window"!

Again... thanks. Will give it a try later!! I'll let you know how it goes!!

booklets sfh Microsoft Word Help 1 April 28th 06 09:28 AM
Booklets maryann Page Layout 2 March 20th 06 09:14 PM
booklets Bob Microsoft Word Help 1 May 20th 05 05:18 PM
Booklets dreamy_snowflake Page Layout 2 March 13th 05 03:48 PM
booklets janice New Users 9 March 1st 05 03:43 PM