Eric G

Default View (displaying) bookmarks - Word 2003

In Word 2003, is there a way of viewing (displaying) the Bookmark names on screen, either in Normal or Page Layout View (like you can turn on/off Field Codes)?

I can switch on View Bookmarks through Tools - Options - View - Bookmarks, but then I only see the I-beam, not the actual name of the bookmark.

Best regards,

Eric Green
Stockholm, Sweden

Jay Freedman

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:30:48 +0100, "Eric G"
wrote:
In Word 2003, is there a way of viewing (displaying) the Bookmark names on screen, either in Normal or Page Layout View (like you can turn on/off Field Codes)?

I can switch on View Bookmarks through Tools - Options - View - Bookmarks, but then I only see the I-beam, not the actual name of the bookmark.

Best regards,

Eric Green
Stockholm, Sweden

Hi Eric,

No, there's nothing built in.

I posted a small macro at
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...062ee195c129ab
that displays the name of the bookmark, if any, at the cursor
position. That macro can be assigned to an item on any of the
right-click context menus.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay Freedman

If you mean a tooltip or something like that, instead of it appearing
in a message box -- no, I don't think so. You could have it appear on
the status bar, and then you wouldn't have to click the OK button to
dismiss it. To do that, replace the line

MsgBox bk.Name, vbOKOnly, "What Bookmark"

in the macro with

StatusBar = bk.Name

--
Regards,