How do I remove paragraph symbols on every line in Word?

Old February 11th 10, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathleen

Default How do I remove paragraph symbols on every line in Word?

All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?
Old February 11th 10, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

CTRL+SHIFT+8
or click the button

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old February 11th 10, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

CTRL+SHIFT+8
or click the button

Old February 11th 10, 04:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
caysimpson

Click on the "Show/Hide" button on your toolbar.

Old February 11th 10, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

If they're on _every_ line, then you're probably looking at text
downloaded from a webpage, and you probably want to remove them so
that Word can be a proper word processor.

If the actual paragraphs are separated by two (or more) paragraph
symbols, then use Find/Replace (Ctrl-H) to Find two paragraph marks
(^p^p) and Replace with something not otherwise used in your document
(such as line break, ^l [lowercase L]), then Find/Replace every
paragraph mark (^p) with a space (type spacebar in the Replace with
box), then Find/Replace each line break (^l) with a paragraph break
(^p).

(If each of the lines ends with a space before the paragraph mark,
then Replace ^p with nothing at all -- leave the Replace with box
empty.)

Or maybe you hit "Enter" at the end of each line, as if you were using
a typewriter? Don't do that.

Old February 12th 10, 08:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully

Do you mean the paragraph markers that show up when the show/hide key
(paragraph symbol located on the standard toolbar) is activated. Just click
on that button on the toolbar and the marks will go away. I like using the
paragraph marks when formatting. Also, they never print out.

.

Old August 29th 17, 06:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]