Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Why do fields lose their correct value when file is reopened?

I am producing a manual in Word for a client. I sent a draft in which all the
page references were correct. In the review copies I'm getting back, all the
page numbers have reverted to some value like the first number in the
sequence. This is unacceptable for something that needs to stay correct when
it's in the client's possession and I'm not there to keep it right. Can
someone tell me what causes fields to lose the value that they had at save?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Christopher,

The problem is quite possibly due to to recipient's PC being set up differently to yours. For example, when you send a Word document
to someone else and they open it, Word re-configures the document to suit the recipient's printer, since Word uses the current
printer driver to tell it how to lay out the document.

--
Cheers
macropod