Default Duplicate Template Tabs

Hello,
I'm using Word 2000 on XP Home. Somehow my Templates folder has
gotten confused. There are two rows of tabs for templates. One tab
is "General." There is another tab also named "General" They contain
some, but not all, of the same templates.

I do not find most of the pre-installed templates or wizards to
be especially helpful.

How can I fix the problem of duplicate tabs and templates? And
while I'm at it, how can I get rid of the pre-installed templates and
wizards that I don't want? Also, how do I make sure that fixing the
problem won't delete the templates that I have so laboriously created
and put in there?

Awaiting your helpful responses with baited breath ...

*(((({

The only way to get rid of the "installed" templates (those that ship with
Word) is to uninstall them. If you have added user templates and saved them
in the correct folder, they will not be affected. See "OFF2000: How Office
2000 Manages Templates" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240216

"*(((({" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm using Word 2000 on XP Home. Somehow my Templates folder has
gotten confused. There are two rows of tabs for templates. One tab
is "General." There is another tab also named "General" They contain
some, but not all, of the same templates.

I do not find most of the pre-installed templates or wizards to
be especially helpful.

How can I fix the problem of duplicate tabs and templates? And
while I'm at it, how can I get rid of the pre-installed templates and
wizards that I don't want? Also, how do I make sure that fixing the
problem won't delete the templates that I have so laboriously created
and put in there?

Awaiting your helpful responses with baited breath ...

*(((({

Charles Kenyon

You could get a second tab named General if you have a folder in your user
or workgroup templates folders named "General." As Suzanne told you, you
need to uninstall templates that you don't want on your computer. For more
on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog, and
locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.

--

Charles Kenyon