Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bravi

Default how do I create drop down lists of commonly used phrases in word

I write many reports for different clients using the same or similar phrases.
How can I imbed a series of drop down arrows at various places in the report
that allows me to choose with a point and click the appropriate sentence from
4-8 different choices?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Save the phrases as autotext entries and/or autocorrect entries. You can
have as many choices as you want.

bravi wrote:
I write many reports for different clients using the same or similar
phrases. How can I imbed a series of drop down arrows at various
places in the report that allows me to choose with a point and click
the appropriate sentence from 4-8 different choices?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Graham's suggestion is good as far as it goes. To embed such a list in a
document, use an AutoTextList field. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm for complete
instructions.