Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Neil

Default MS word 2000 Page Layout

Running Office 2000 on Citrix Servers, want to set MS word to display
page layout by default, need a way to set this via the registry or some
other setting other than the normal.dot

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

I added an AutoExec macro to a global template that switches to print view.
I don't know of any way short of this to reliably keep Word starting in the
same view. The settings are sticky, I believe, and if the last document you
are in when you close Word is in a particular view, Word will open in that
view. The exception to this, in later versions, is the Reading Layout which
can be triggered by the document being opened unless you turn it off in
Word.
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/sa...oomcontent.htm shows how to do
it with normal.dot but you said you wanted another way. An AutoExec in a
different global can be that way.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Neil" wrote in message
Running Office 2000 on Citrix Servers, want to set MS word to display
page layout by default, need a way to set this via the registry or some
other setting other than the normal.dot

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Neil

Hi Charles

Thanks for the advice, as we have word been opened by an external app on
Citrix
it seems that there is a bit of code in the app that keep switching it back
to normal view, we tried all aspects of adding macro's, editing the
normal.dot and none seem to keep the view when been opened. have gone back to
supplier.

regards

"Neil" wrote in message
Running Office 2000 on Citrix Servers, want to set MS word to display
page layout by default, need a way to set this via the registry or some
other setting other than the normal.dot

chapter & page number @ bottom of page Grace Page Layout 9 October 12th 05 06:38 AM
How do I get rid of page numbers. The page number virus flamestar Microsoft Word Help 3 August 19th 05 02:31 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
word should let me change the page layout of the current page onl. Shitiz Bansal Microsoft Word Help 1 February 17th 05 07:09 AM
Word 2003: Reading Layout changes page numbers in TOC [email protected] Page Layout 3 January 11th 05 03:46 AM