Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
confused0462 confused0462 is offline

Default Sorting doesnt work

help, I am using word from Office xp 2002 for students. I have a table to
sort alphabetically. I go to table-- sort--I pick my colum
name--text--ascending
-- ok Then i wait, but nothing sorts. this is very frustrating
confused0462
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

Make a proper selection of your Table. Click Table - Select - Table. After
that use the sort command. Don't forget to make table headings in first row,
if they are not already like Name, Standard, Year Passing, % Of Marks.

Hope this help, let us know!

"confused0462" wrote:

help, I am using word from Office xp 2002 for students. I have a table to
sort alphabetically. I go to table-- sort--I pick my colum
name--text--ascending
-- ok Then i wait, but nothing sorts. this is very frustrating
confused0462

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

Will you please explain a little bit more about your table that what you have
in your table and how you want to sort your table and what Microsoft Word
does after you give the sort command?

"confused0462" wrote:

help, I am using word from Office xp 2002 for students. I have a table to
sort alphabetically. I go to table-- sort--I pick my colum
name--text--ascending
-- ok Then i wait, but nothing sorts. this is very frustrating
confused0462

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
confused0462 confused0462 is offline

I have 2 columm and about 200 rows. My header row is labeled and marked
under properties as a table row header. The first column is Letters & numbers
and the second column is title names of movies. I need to sort them
alphabetically. It will not work.
--
confused0462

"confused0462" wrote:

help, I am using word from Office xp 2002 for students. I have a table to
sort alphabetically. I go to table-- sort--I pick my colum
name--text--ascending
-- ok Then i wait, but nothing sorts. this is very frustrating
confused0462

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

Here is an example:

S. No. Movie Titles
A1 Dhoom 2
B1 Krish
A2 The Killer
B2 Evil Dead III
A3 Twister
B3 Jurassic Park

After that I select the first row, which contains heading and from Table
menu, I click Heading Rows Repeat. I want to sort the list with Movie Title
names. So, next step was: I select the entire table and click Table - Sort.
Here I choice Sort By: Movies Titles - Type "Text" - Ascending. Result was:

S. No. Titles
A1 Doom 2
A3 Evil Dead III
B6 Jurassic Park
B2 Krish
B4 The Killer
A5 Twister

Maybe, this is what you want. You can sort either with Titles or S. No. If
you want S. No. in correct order with Movie Titles then type the S. No. later
after the sort command. Because once you sort the list with Movie Titles then
S. No. will automatically changed along with it.

Apologize for delay in reply and hope this is what you were looking for let
us know!