SarahMarie SarahMarie is offline
Junior Member

Default Automated deleting lines/paragraphs containing a keyword

I am editing a very large document that contains paragraphs that need to be deleted. Finding the offending paragraphs is easy, using search and replace. They are paragraphs that contain specific words or phrases. I do a search for the word or phrase (example: University of California) and replace all instances with "XXXXXXXXXX", making it easy to spot in the document, as I have to go page by page double clicking each paragraph to select and then hit the delete key. The document is very large and it is the complete paragraphs that contain these replaced words/phrases that need to be deleted. Is there an automated way to have Word delete any paragraph that contains "XXXXXXXXXX"?

Last edited by SarahMarie : June 27th 10 at 05:29 PM Reason: Clarification