Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jay m jay m is offline

Default using CHARFORMAT

Greetings- an observation here.

I'm using Word 2003 on XP pro.

In using pageref fields, mergeformat didn't do what I wanted, so I'm
using charformat.
I wanted the crossrefs to be obviously links, so I went with a
different color, larger font.
I'm using f9, shift-F9 and editing the fields directly.

The field looked like "{pageref ..." and I applied formatting to the
"p".
Font size and color applied to the field results just fine..
Underlining the first char (p) did not result in the field results
being underlined. (field results had font size and color, no
underlining)
When I added a space between the bracket and the p "{ pageref ..."
then the underline also displayed on the field results.
So- without the space after the bracket, Words results can be
unpredictable.
(I certainly didn't expect it to partiallly work!

regards
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jay m jay m is offline

On Jan 10, 9:38*am, jay m wrote:
Greetings- an observation here.

I'm using Word 2003 on XP pro.

In using pageref fields, mergeformat didn't do what I wanted, so I'm
using charformat.
Jay

oops- sorry, that wasn't it.

I used optionsview to show fields. Then I set it to view results.
I forgot to have it update the fields.
When editing fields, you have to tell Word to update the results.
When using f9 to show results (rather than field code), Word updates
it.
d'oh!