Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] charliec@email.com is offline

Default Word 2010 - Switching Windows?

I have Office 2010 and in Word, when I have a number of documents
open, what is the best/quickest way to switch between documents? I'm
normally in the "Home" toolbar and I thought I remembered an icon in
the top left toolbar that allowed you to view the open documents'
names and choose between them - but I don't see that now? I have to
switch to the "View" toolbar to make a switch. Am I missing something
in the "Home" toolbar that makes switching easier?

Thanks for any insights.
charliec
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There should be a "tile" in the taskbar (at the very bottom of your
screen, below the Word document's window) for each open file. If a
document is open but hiding behind another, clicking its tile will
"minimize" it, and clicking it again will re"maximize" it to its
former size, bringing it to the front.

But it might be quicker to make each document window a slightly
different shape, so that a side or a corner of each one is showing,
and you just click on whatever bit is showing.

To do that, click the "Resize Down" button (very top right corner, the
middle one of the three buttons -- it shows a shadowed rectangle), the
window gets smaller, and you can resize it by dragging on any of the
edges or corners (cursor changes to a double-headed arrow).

(But be careful not to click on a button or a link -- it will
probably switch to the window _and_ execute the command).

On Dec 17, 6:34*pm, wrote:
I have Office 2010 and in Word, when I have a number of documents
open, what is the best/quickest way to switch between documents? *I'm
normally in the "Home" toolbar and I thought I remembered an icon in
the top *left toolbar that allowed you to view the open documents'
names and choose between them - but I don't see that now? *I have to
switch to the "View" toolbar to make a switch. *Am I missing something
in the "Home" toolbar that makes switching easier?

Thanks for any insights.
charliec

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Alternatively, you could use Alt+Tab to cycle through application windows.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP