Document Map Question

Old March 23rd 05, 01:31 AM
PosseJohn

Default Document Map Question

I have a document that I need to utilize the Document Map while viewing in
Word to make finding portions of the document easier.

When I display the Document Map, the font size of the Document Map is TINY,
so TINY that you can't read it.

Format text in the Document Map
You can change the appearance of the headings displayed in the Document Map
pane, as well as the highlight color of the active heading in the pane. The
changes you make to the text in the Document Map will not affect the text in
the document.

Help Instructions...
-On the View menu, click Document Map.
-On the Format menu, click Styles and Formatting.
-In the Styles and Formatting task pane, click Custom in the Show box.
-In the Format Settings dialog box, select the Document Map check box, and
then click OK.
-In the Styles and Formatting list, point to Document Map, click the arrow,
and then click Modify.
-In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format.
Do one of the following:
-To set the font and font size, click Font, and then make your changes in
the font and size boxes.

end...

I have attempted to change the size of the font (based on the instructions
in the help file) and have had no luck.

It is not limited to this one file, I have tried to display the Document Map
in other files, and have the same problem.

Old March 23rd 05, 04:45 AM

This is a bug in some versions of Word (possibly fixed by one of the service
packs). The workaround is to switch to Outline view and back. See “WD2002:
Document Map Text Appears Small or Unreadable” at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827489

Old March 23rd 05, 01:27 PM
PosseJohn

Thankyou, the workaround worked.