Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ludite Ludite is offline

Default Formatting paragraphs in Word 2007 Multilevel lists

I'm using Word 2007, SP2.

Without the list applied, the paragraph style is what I selected with a 6pt
space before and after each paragraph.

When I apply a multilevel list, the style is not what I wanted, and the
inter-paragraph spacing disappears.

I went into define a new list style and correcetd the style to give a
hanging indent, but under format, "paragraph" is muted and not available to
edit.

How do I restore the inter-paragraph spacing?

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer.

Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Modify the List Paragraph style, clearing the check box for "Don't add space
between paragraphs of the same style" in the Paragraph dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"Ludite" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007, SP2.

Without the list applied, the paragraph style is what I selected with a
6pt
space before and after each paragraph.

When I apply a multilevel list, the style is not what I wanted, and the
inter-paragraph spacing disappears.

I went into define a new list style and correcetd the style to give a
hanging indent, but under format, "paragraph" is muted and not available
edit.

How do I restore the inter-paragraph spacing?

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer.

Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ludite Ludite is offline

Thank you Suzanne!

I'd not noticed that check box,
and I only found it on the 2nd look after reading your reply.

VERY respectfully,
Larry

"Ludite" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007, SP2.

Without the list applied, the paragraph style is what I selected with a
6pt
space before and after each paragraph.

When I apply a multilevel list, the style is not what I wanted, and the
inter-paragraph spacing disappears.

I went into define a new list style and correcetd the style to give a
hanging indent, but under format, "paragraph" is muted and not available
edit.

How do I restore the inter-paragraph spacing?

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer.

Larry

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're not much of a Luddite if you managed to find and modify the style
with so little instruction!

http://word.mvps.org

"Ludite" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007, SP2.

Without the list applied, the paragraph style is what I selected with a
6pt
space before and after each paragraph.

When I apply a multilevel list, the style is not what I wanted, and the
inter-paragraph spacing disappears.

I went into define a new list style and correcetd the style to give a
hanging indent, but under format, "paragraph" is muted and not
available
edit.

How do I restore the inter-paragraph spacing?

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer.

Larry

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

He's not a Luddite (a follower of Ludd who hates modern machinery),
but a Ludite, a _Homo ludens_, who enjoys playing!

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Ludite" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007, SP2.

Without the list applied, the paragraph style is what I selected with a
6pt
space before and after each paragraph.

When I apply a multilevel list, the style is not what I wanted, and the
inter-paragraph spacing disappears.

I went into define a new list style and correcetd the style to give a
hanging indent, but under format, "paragraph" is muted and not
available
edit.

How do I restore the inter-paragraph spacing?

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer.

Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ludite Ludite is offline

It's refreshing to have someone actually recognize the reference.

As an engineer, I'm certified as functionally illiterate. But, in this
case, it was not an error: years ago, a list that I'd joined already had my
name and easy monikers taken, so I chose one that wouldn't have been in use,
"Luddite." When it was already taken, I practiced my black language skills
and then dropped a "d." (Adding an "r" was acceptable in "Derringer" so. . .
)

Very respectfully,
Larry

"Ludite" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007, SP2.

Without the list applied, the paragraph style is what I selected with
6pt
space before and after each paragraph.

When I apply a multilevel list, the style is not what I wanted, and
the
inter-paragraph spacing disappears.

I went into define a new list style and correcetd the style to give a
hanging indent, but under format, "paragraph" is muted and not
available
edit.

How do I restore the inter-paragraph spacing?

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer.

Larry

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks for clearing that up!

http://word.mvps.org

"Ludite" wrote in message
news
It's refreshing to have someone actually recognize the reference.

As an engineer, I'm certified as functionally illiterate. But, in this
case, it was not an error: years ago, a list that I'd joined already had
my
name and easy monikers taken, so I chose one that wouldn't have been in
use,
"Luddite." When it was already taken, I practiced my black language
skills
and then dropped a "d." (Adding an "r" was acceptable in "Derringer" so.
. .
)

Very respectfully,
Larry