juntjoo juntjoo is offline
Junior Member

Default how to print post card 4 per sheet using mail merge

I've been told you can, and I've been told you cannot.

My experience has shown me that once you tell Word(2010) to print four per page, or more than two it incorrectly prints them horizontally across the page rather than vertically as it would need to be to be able to fit all four 4.25x5.5" postcards on one page.

But not only have I been told this can be done(without given instructions) I've found several available templates for four postcards per page which print out correctly vertically as they are, but I haven't put my postcards on these template yet as I don't see how that will work either as I'm only familiar with using mail merge with one set of merge fields, so suppose I put in the merge fields for the addresses in the first instance of my postcard, well I imagine that will print out just fine, but what about the other three addresses?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know anything at all about Mail Merge, but remember that in the Print
dialog you can choose between Portrait and Landscape, and Word knows how to
orient the sub-pages correctly.

--
juntjoo

juntjoo juntjoo is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
[...]

Thanks. What happens is that once you tell it to print more than 2 per page or reverts to print portrait. But I found a different workable method:

Create a single landscape page of a 2x2 table as you'd find in any of the many available templates for 4 per page flyers /postcards and use the next command after each of your mail merge field entries (for anyone interested) and that works.

Problem with Mail merge with post card glr Mailmerge 0 February 7th 09 07:56 PM
How do I setup a mail merge to print directly onto a post card? poston76 Mailmerge 1 January 8th 08 02:21 AM
Post card mail merge Teresa Mailmerge 1 March 6th 07 05:30 AM
Mail Merge Double Post Card on single sheet of card stock? Will Mailmerge 1 July 24th 06 06:16 PM
using mail merge I can't figure out how to print a post card? brush1969 Mailmerge 1 October 13th 05 05:13 AM