Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CHENRYD

Default How can I preview facing pages in a document?

I need to be able to see how the facing pages look before printing on
documents. I don't see an option on the view menu for this, nor does the
view 'Actual Page' option on Reading Layout preview the pages with the facing
pages side-by-side together. Is there a built-in way to do this or a work
around, or a VBA module or add-in or something?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PTUNA PTUNA is offline

Hi,

I'm using Word 2000. I have "mirror margins" AND "different odd and even"
headers/footers enabled and in print preview I cannot see facing pages. I
tried just one not the other, too. Is there any way to see facing pages with
Word 2000? If not does a more recent version of WORD have this capability.
I'd greatly appreciate explicit directions since I can't use this product if
I can't figure out how to view facing pages. Thanks so much for any help!

"CHENRYD" wrote in message
I need to be able to see how the facing pages look before printing on
documents. I don't see an option on the view menu for this, nor does the
view 'Actual Page' option on Reading Layout preview the pages with the

facing
pages side-by-side together. Is there a built-in way to do this or a work
around, or a VBA module or add-in or something?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know about Word 2000, but in Word 2003, if you select Zoom from the
View menu and in the Zoom dialog, there is a radio button for "Many pages"
under which there is a pulldown icon in which you can select the number of
pages to be displayed.

You would need a large, widescreen monitor to be able to work at that zoom
ratio (if seeing what you are typing is necessary).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Print Preview (only) you can see facing pages if you have "Mirror
margins" and/or "Different odd and even" (headers/footers) enabled.

so
all may benefit.

"CHENRYD" wrote in message
I need to be able to see how the facing pages look before printing on
documents. I don't see an option on the view menu for this, nor does
the
view 'Actual Page' option on Reading Layout preview the pages with the

facing
pages side-by-side together. Is there a built-in way to do this or a
work
around, or a VBA module or add-in or something?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you viewing two pages and they're not facing pages, or are you viewing
just one page? And is this definitely Print Preview and not just Print
Layout view?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Print Preview (only) you can see facing pages if you have "Mirror
margins" and/or "Different odd and even" (headers/footers) enabled.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.