Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cyrus Cyrus is offline

Default How always show file list with details by default? No icons, etc.

I want to always see the file list with details by default without having to
click view/details. How can I make list with details the default view?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Not really a Word issue. You have not mentioned what OS you are using but for
XP and older.
Open Windows Explorer, open a working drive (ie: C not CD/DVD.
Set the windows as you want, ie Details. Tools, Folder Options, View Tab,
Apply to All Folders. This should now set the defualt to how you want it, and
this will be reflected in the file dialog windows you get in Word. Sometimes
you may get a message box stating that the changes may not be immediate, that
is normal and just wait, it will happen.
If you have 2007, sorry cannot help you, maybe some other kind person will
assist.
All the best.
DeanH