Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil G.

Default Auto Update Date Field

I have a date field in a word document that was created with Word 2000. If I
open it in Word 2000 the date updates automatically. If I open it up in Word
2003, the date field does not update. If I go into the options and check the
box next to update before printing, I can get it to update that way. How can
I have it update automatically in Word 2003. I will still have a mixed set
of Office licenses, so any solution that I have will have to work with both.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!
--
Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

The update behavior on document open has changed between Word
versions. You'd have to force an update by using a macro. There is an
example in the following article by Graham Mayor:
http://gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

See also:

Which fields are updated when you open, repaginate, or print document
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211629/en-us

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP