Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dinesh dinesh is offline

Default Auto typing Paragraphs

I am a Word 2007 user and I am i creating a template report.

I was wondering if there is any way in Word 2007 to link external content
from a text file for example into the template in such a way that I can auto
type a paragraphs that is external text files?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Dinesh wrote:
I am a Word 2007 user and I am i creating a template report.

I was wondering if there is any way in Word 2007 to link external
content from a text file for example into the template in such a way
that I can auto type a paragraphs that is external text files?

You can insert an entire text file: On the Insert ribbon, click the down
arrow next to the Object button and choose "Text from File". In the dialog
that appears, choose the file you want (you may have to change the Files of
Type dropdown to be able to see *.txt file names) and click the Insert
button.

If the external file is a Word document, and if you mark specific parts of
that document with bookmarks, then you can insert just one of the bookmarked
parts. In the "Text from File" dialog, after choosing the document, click
the Range button and type the name of the desired bookmark. Then click the
Insert button.

In either case, you can insert a link instead of the actual text. To do
that, click the down arrow next to the Insert button and choose "Insert as
Link". That creates an IncludeText field containing the name of the external
file (and the bookmark, if you specified that).

Another possibility is to store your paragraphs as either AutoText entries
or AutoCorrect entries in your template. Read these articles:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...utoCorrect.htm

--
Regards,