plapp99

Default How to configure Word to use multiple windows instead of one?

Word used to display each document in a separate window, but for some reason
it now shows all documents in one window. I searched through the options a
couple of times, but was unable to find anything that would change this. Does
anyone know how to configure Word to use multiple windows instead of one?
Jay Freedman

plapp99 wrote:
Word used to display each document in a separate window, but for some
reason it now shows all documents in one window. I searched through
the options a couple of times, but was unable to find anything that
would change this. Does anyone know how to configure Word to use
multiple windows instead of one?

If you have Word 2002 or 2003, go to Tools Options View and check the
box for "Windows in Taskbar".

Otherwise, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/SDIMDI.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

plapp99

Thanks! I saw this option a couple of times, but did not think it had
anything with displaying the docs in separate windows because the option's
name is misleading. Can a suggestion be made to make it clear what the option
does?

On another matter. Is there a way to change the default for the way text is
pasted into a Word document? I almost always want to paste in unformatted
text, but Word always chooses something else. I checked the discussion
groups, but could not find any postings on this.

Thanks again.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

plapp99 wrote:
Word used to display each document in a separate window, but for some
reason it now shows all documents in one window. I searched through
the options a couple of times, but was unable to find anything that
would change this. Does anyone know how to configure Word to use
multiple windows instead of one?

If you have Word 2002 or 2003, go to Tools Options View and check the
box for "Windows in Taskbar".

Otherwise, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/SDIMDI.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?cGxhcHA5OQ==?=,

On another matter. Is there a way to change the default for the way text is
pasted into a Word document? I almost always want to paste in unformatted
text, but Word always chooses something else. I checked the discussion
groups, but could not find any postings on this.

I replied to the question a couple of times during the last week.

No, there is no way to change the default. You can record and use a macro,
though, so that pasting is all one step.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Tom Barkas

Thanks for this info - I want to go in the other direction, so it is
good to know where to look. pplap99 is right about the obscure
terminology!

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:36:55 -0500, "Jay Freedman"
wrotg: