TonyM

Default How do I mail merge to have different names on the main docume

I am having a similar problem. I am trying to merge addresses onto a
postcard template. The template has a text box for the address separate from
the text box for the message. Every time I insert the 'next record' into the
template (in the beginning of the second, third and fourth address boxes) and
try to merge, I get the error msg "You cannot include DATA, NEXT, NEXTIF or
SKIPIF fields in headers, footers, footnotes or endnotes." I have tried
changing the document type from form letters, to catalog, to labels, to
envelopes. None of them work

"Dorothy" wrote:

Thank you Doug, you are a life-saver and it works so easily!!

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

You need to insert a Next Record field before the first mergefield in
the 2nd, 3rd and 4th invitations.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Dorothy" wrote in message
I'm sending out invitations and I have four to a page. With mail merge it
changes the name on every page and I want to change the name on each
invitation, I'm ending up with four invitations to the same person. I have
used the letter format as I have graphics in the invitation.

Doug Robbins

Don't use text boxes. Use cells of a table to organise things in the
required layout.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

You need to insert a Next Record field before the first mergefield
in
the 2nd, 3rd and 4th invitations.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP