Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jonathan

Default Master Document Won't Close, Won't Make Subdocuments

I'm using Word 2003 on XP and have a long document I'm tying to chop up
into several subdocuments.

When I do this, the master document appears to mark the sections I
choose as subdocuments OK, but does not write out the subdocument files.
When I try to close the master document, I get a dialogue asking me if I
want to save my changes. If I choose "yes" it appears to save, but still
does not produce the subdocuments. If I then try to close the document
again it asks me if I want to save. The only way I can close the
document is to give up and cancel.

What's the problem? Why can't I create the subdocuments?

Thanks for any help.

Jonathan