Shaun

Default End/FootNote text style

I it possible to change the traiing space in the style to a trailing tab to
enable the EndNote / FootNote to look like

1 Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
Text
Text Text

to make it more readable
Shauna Kelly

Hi Shaun

To achieve what you want, you will have to do two things.

First, modify the Footnote Text style to give it a Tab at (say) 1cm and a
hanging indent of 1cm.

There's information on modifying styles at
How to modify styles in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

Second, each time you enter a footnote, when Word provides the footnote
number and a space, delete the space and press Tab. Then type the text of
your footnote.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

"Shaun" wrote in message
I it possible to change the traiing space in the style to a trailing tab to
enable the EndNote / FootNote to look like

1 Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
Text
Text Text

to make it more readable

Shaun

Hi Shauna,

Thansk for this, I'd managed to get that far, but was wondering if there was
a way of changing the trailing space in the foot/end note reference to a
trailing tab instead, this is to prevent my users having to manually enter a
tab...

Shaun