Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
karina

Default How do I add a watermark to one cell in a table?

I want to be able to add a text watermark to one cell of a table but can't
figure out how - is it possible. I have word 2003. Thanks
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I add a watermark to one cell in a table?

Yes, it is possible to add a watermark to one cell in a table in Word 2003. Here are the steps to do it:
  1. First, select the cell where you want to add the watermark.
  2. Go to the "Format" menu and select "Borders and Shading".
  3. In the "Borders and Shading" dialog box, go to the "Shading" tab.
  4. Click on the "Fill Effects" button.
  5. In the "Fill Effects" dialog box, go to the "Picture" tab.
  6. Click on the "Select Picture" button and choose the image you want to use as the watermark.
  7. Click on the "OK" button to close the "Fill Effects" dialog box.
  8. Click on the "OK" button to close the "Borders and Shading" dialog box.
  9. You should now see the watermark in the selected cell.

Note that the watermark will only be visible in Print Layout view or when you print the document. It will not be visible in Normal view or Web Layout view. Also, the watermark will be behind the text in the cell, so you may need to adjust the cell's formatting to make the text more visible.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc

Karina,
Maybe this will help:
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
Luc
"karina" schreef in bericht
I want to be able to add a text watermark to one cell of a table but can't
figure out how - is it possible. I have word 2003. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
karina

Thanks Luc,
This worked in my table!