Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
BethB BethB is offline

Default Table of Contents wont hold format

I have a table of contents in a doc formatted landscape. I keep choosing one
of the standard formats for the table of contents like "Formal" or
"Distinctive" (It doesn't matter which one) and everytime I close the
document and reopen it it reverts back to the "From Template" format. The
problem with that is that my tabs are all over the place so my page numbers
do not line up.
Does anyone have any idea how to get this to stop and hold on to the format
I choose?
I have also tried to modify the TOC styles, but even though I select add to
template, the TOC 4 style disappears (it is the one causing the wrong tabs to
be applied).
Using Word 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QmV0aEI=?=,

Hmmm. The first thing that occurs to me is that you may have the document set to
revert to formatting in the template? Look in tools/Templates and Add-ins and
see if the checkbox "Automatically update document styles" is activated?

I have a table of contents in a doc formatted landscape. I keep choosing one
of the standard formats for the table of contents like "Formal" or
"Distinctive" (It doesn't matter which one) and everytime I close the
document and reopen it it reverts back to the "From Template" format. The
problem with that is that my tabs are all over the place so my page numbers
do not line up.
Does anyone have any idea how to get this to stop and hold on to the format
I choose?
I have also tried to modify the TOC styles, but even though I select add to
template, the TOC 4 style disappears (it is the one causing the wrong tabs to
be applied).
Using Word 2003

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

error messages when using table formula after moving column tot's hunguponword Tables 3 November 26th 06 04:27 AM
Trouble Sorting Table Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 5 October 2nd 06 09:48 PM
table of contents format TJ Tables 4 January 27th 06 07:38 PM
Updating a table of contents Frank Drost Microsoft Word Help 9 June 29th 05 05:41 AM
How do I format my Table of Contents to have hyperlinks? fadeout Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 11:21 PM