K&D'smom

Default Can Word be set-up to change curly quotes to straight quotes when.

you cut & paste the information in and don't type it? I tried autocorrect,
but it only works when you type.
garfield-n-odie

With smart quotes turned on in the AutoCorrect options, find " and
replace all with ".

K&D'smom wrote:

you cut & paste the information in and don't type it? I tried autocorrect,
but it only works when you type.

Graham Mayor

K&D'smom wrote:
you cut & paste the information in and don't type it? I tried
autocorrect, but it only works when you type.

You can accomplish Garfield's suggestion easily with a macro. The following
will take account of your usual preference in relation to the automatic
insertion of smart quotes and replace any smart quotes in the document with
straight quotes.

Sub ChangeQuotes()
Dim sOption As String
sOption = Options.AutoFormatAsYouTypeReplaceQuotes
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
Options.AutoFormatAsYouTypeReplaceQuotes = False
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = "[" & ChrW(8220) & ChrW(8221) & "]"
.Replacement.Text = """"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchWildcards = True
End With
Selection.Find.Execute replace:=wdReplaceAll
Options.AutoFormatAsYouTypeReplaceQuotes = sOption
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Graham Mayor

K&D'smom wrote:
you cut & paste the information in and don't type it? I tried
autocorrect, but it only works when you type.

Incidentally, to change the other way, run autoformat with the convert
quotes option set - or by macro

Sub ChangeToSmartQuotes()
Dim sOption As String
sOption = Options.AutoFormatReplaceQuotes
Options.AutoFormatReplaceQuotes = True
Selection.Document.Kind = wdDocumentNotSpecified
Selection.Range.AutoFormat
Options.AutoFormatReplaceQuotes = sOption
WordBasic.AcceptAllChangesInDoc
End Sub