Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Address labels - Creating new recipients in a merged document

I doubt if death would have ensued, but they didn't do it and I doubt if
anything we say will change that. Some of this feature set is pretty old
and probably exists to support things that Word could or should not try
to do itself - for example, Word could not edit all types of data source
in situ and in some case would have to stat another program (e.g. MS
Query for ODBC data sources).

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Cycling Dude wrote:
So, the sequence is that you open the Mail Merge Recipients dialog on which,
by default, the first entry is selected. Click the Edit button which brings
up the Enter Address Information dialog for the selected entry. Then click
the New Entry button. This is not very intuitive. Would it have killed them
to put a New Entry button on the Mail Merge Recipients dialog?

Cycling Dude

"achyam" wrote:

1. I wish to expand my recipients list in address labels merged document?
I do not want to retype the whole thing again - just add the new ones.

2. I need to have the same individual recipients printed in groups of 10.
I could not find procedure? Please advise.

Vista - Word 2003 - Avery Label J8651 [65/A4sheet]