Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nadia Nadia is offline

Default Can't send Word doc as an attachment to Windows Mail

I'm trying to send a word document as an attachment to my "Windows Mail" and
it won't let me. I know I did this before and it worked. I don't know what
I'm doing wrong now. This is what I did:

I rec'd an email from a company and they gave me a link to reply to. When I
clicked on that link I rec'd a message saying:

Internet Exployer cannot download. Unspecified error. So I replied to the
company and told them the link didn't work. They replied back to me saying
they tried it and it worked for them and for me to try it again. I did. It
gave me the same message.

So I want to send them a cc of the error screen that appeared in the email
they sent me.

So I copied the page and pasted it on a Word Document and saved it. I
opened it and went down to "Send" and the option to email was not highlighted
so I couldn't do it.

Any Suggestions ?????

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918792

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Nadia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nadia Nadia is offline

Hi Doug,

I thought I did post in the communities newsgroup. Because I do not want to
pay you as a consultant. What did I do wrong?

Nadia

"Nadia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nadia Nadia is offline

Doug,

I tried Option 1. IE, Tools, Internet Options, Programs, but there is no
email box as the instructions said there would be????

"Nadia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You've done nothing "wrong" :-) That disclaimer in Doug's signature is
simply intended to keep newsgroup correspondents from emailing him directly.
As long as you continue to communicate through the newsgroups he'll be happy
to continue assisting you without cost.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/24/09 10:59 PM, in article
, "Nadia"
wrote:

Hi Doug,

I thought I did post in the communities newsgroup. Because I do not want to
pay you as a consultant. What did I do wrong?

Nadia

See

"Nadia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm afraid you're missing the main point of the KB article Doug referred you
to: Those features only work if you're using Outlook as your email client
which - according to your op - you're not, you're using Windows Mail:

CAUSE
This issue may occur when Microsoft Outlook is not installed on the
computer.

Just in case you do have Outlook & intend to change to it as your email
client, the instructions in that article appear to be incomplete. Once you
get to the Programs page you need to click the Set Programs button in the
bottom section [Internet Programs], then click the link for "Set program
access & computer defaults" & "Continue" - that's where you'll finally get
to the Custom setting. Click the double down arrow adjacent to Custom & pick
the "Choose a default e-mail program:" option for Microsoft Office Outlook.

I don't think they could have buried it any deeper if they'd tried :-) Ahhh,
so much for "accessibility" & "discoverability", huh?

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/24/09 11:42 PM, in article
, "Nadia"

"Nadia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Under Internet programs, do you not see pull-down controls alongside each of

HTML editor
E-mail
Newsgroups
Internet Call
Calendar
Contact List

--

"Nadia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Hi Doug -

I believe the OP's using Vista/IE7, where the Internet Programs section of
the Programs tab is just the start of a new adventure :-) If you haven't
seen it have a look at my reply which probably hadn't posted as of the time
you put this up.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/25/09 1:50 AM, in article , "Doug
Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com" wrote:

Under Internet programs, do you not see pull-down controls alongside each of

HTML editor
E-mail
Newsgroups
Internet Call
Calendar
Contact List

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nadia Nadia is offline

I am not using MS Outlook and you are correct I am using WM. IE, Version 7
and MS Office Home & Student 2007 with MS Vista Premium. I do not intend to
use Outlook. I know I need to change to something different because since
late Nov. I've been having a problem with WM--my spell check suddently
stopped working and is giving me these error messages: When I click on "abc"
it says: An error occurred while spelling was being checked. When I go to
send the email anyway, another error message comes up: The spell check on
this document has been halted.

I have been in correspondence with MS Communities on Windows Mail and have
tried the things they suggested and nothing seems to work. They suggest I go
to WLM but when I downloaded WLM, my folders came over but not all the
folders had the info in them. Some had nothing in them. So I uninstalled
WLM. Now I suddenly can't send a Word documen as an attachement to WM. I
have done this in the past the same way as I tried to do it now and it's not
working now?????

Here's the link in MS Communities about my problem in case you wanted to
see what I'm talking about (you don't have to do this, I know you're not with
WM):

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...0-dabfad4af3f7

Thanks for telling me I did nothing wrong in getting help in MS Word
Communities. I thought I did it right but got a little frightened by Doug's
response to me.

Thanks again. Do you have any more suggestions?

"Nadia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nadia Nadia is offline

Hi Doug,

I replied to "CyberTaz". Please look at my reply to him (her). If you have
any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hi Doug -

I believe the OP's using Vista/IE7, where the Internet Programs section of
the Programs tab is just the start of a new adventure :-) If you haven't
seen it have a look at my reply which probably hadn't posted as of the time
you put this up.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/25/09 1:50 AM, in article , "Doug
Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com" wrote:

Under Internet programs, do you not see pull-down controls alongside each of

HTML editor
E-mail
Newsgroups
Internet Call
Calendar
Contact List

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nadia Nadia is offline

Hi,

I was playing around to see if I could get the the Word doc to be sent to my
email and I found a way.

What I was doing from the beginning was: When I first got into "Word", I
went down to "Send" on the left had side (where it has options for New, Open,
etc.), and it only gave me the option to send by "Internet Fax". The Email
option was not available. So I thought about it and I went to "Open" and
when I found the file I saved, I right clicked on that--I did not open it.
And that gave me an option to "Send to mail recipent. So I did that and it
worked.

Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for all your help..........

Now if someone in MS Communities could help me 1. To get my Spell Check
working in Windows Mail & be able to delete an email that I sent to myself
and get it out of my inbox and sent box, I'll be happy as a Lark!!!!!

Thanks again and have a good day/night/weekend !!!

Best Regards to all those who have tried to help me.