Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OneZenSage

Default How do I create indented quoted paragraphs without spaces?

I am trying to quote more than 4 lines. It should be indented 10 spaces. I
cannot get the left margins to stay lined up or get spaces from being
automatically created in the text. Yikes! my research paper is due this week!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
venture22000

Ok, to indent just a paragraph and not have the rest of the document to
move is really very easy. There are a couple of ways to do it.

1st way:

Highlight the entire paragraph you wish to indent.
Click on the icon on the standard formatting toolbar and click the
paragraph with the "right" arrow on it. This will move your left hand
margin over. Keep clicking on it until you get that margin where you
want it. If you go too far use your back arrow or use the paragraph
icon with the left arrow.
To move the right hand margin, keep your paragraph highlighted and move
the margin arrow at the top of the document. You must be in "print
layout" view to see this arrow though.

2nd way:
Again, highlight the entire paragraph you wish to indent.
Make sure you are in "print layout" view.
Click on the arrows at the top of the document, move first the left
arrow and then the right arrow. This is a little tricky on the left
arrow as you have to have the double sided arrow show up when you click
on it or you will either be only getting first line indent or hanging
indent. You want both at once, so the double arrow must show up before
you move it.

Play with it a bit. It is really very easy.

--
venture22000
Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Ctrl+M will give you a standard half-inch left indent; doing this twice will
give you the equivalent of 10 pica spaces. There is no comparable keyboard
shortcut for the right indent. You can use the ruler to create left and
right indents; see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingRulers.htm

Perhaps the easiest (and best) method, however, is to apply the Block Text
style, which has built-in 1" left and right indents. You can modify this
style as required.

news