Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mark palmer - novice mark palmer - novice is offline

Default embedded file object is not displayed

Hi,
This is hopefully an easy question:
I have recently come across a word document with an embedded object that
shows only "Embed pbrush" rather than the object file. How do I fix the
problem to show the object only?
I have checked the file association so that the .bmp file opens Microsoft
paint,
reinstalled office 2000, checked that the object file is in the correct
location and opens when double-clicked.

When I right-click embedded object and select open or edit it correctly
opens the file. When I choose convert option the following error shows
"server application, source file or item cannot be found. Make sure the
application is properly installed, and that it has not been deleted, moved or
rename."

I will be grateful for any information received,

Mark Palmer.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For the "embed pbrush" issue: Press Alt+F9 to switch between
display of field codes (what you see now) and field results. If
that doesn't help, then in Word, click on Tools | Options | View
tab | uncheck the boxes for "All", "Hidden text", and "Field
codes" | Print tab | uncheck the "Hidden text" and "Field codes"
boxes | OK.

Regarding the error message when you try to edit an embedded
object: If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling
the Office Plugin that comes with it. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
information.

mark palmer - novice wrote:

[...]

C# MailMerge from Excel Chris Mailmerge 9 August 3rd 06 02:57 PM
Opening an Inserted Object (PDF) KC Microsoft Word Help 7 July 6th 06 07:13 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Open embedded object using Word Viewer 2003 Michelle Microsoft Word Help 4 February 4th 05 05:27 AM
How to add a footnote to a cell in an embedded excel file Neva Tables 1 February 1st 05 12:06 PM