Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sid Whiteside Sid Whiteside is offline

Default MS WOrd loses text while typing.

While typing a MS Word document the cursor continuosly dissappears, and
therefore no text is printed. i have had to retype at least part of every
document that I type since I'm not a touch typist. This will definately
prevent me from buying the program after the trial period if there is no fix
to this problem. Any fixes to this problem, I did not have this with MS WOrd
before downloading the Office Trial program.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deborah Kaufman Deborah Kaufman is offline

I am not a MS Word pro, by any means, but I figured I would just throw this
out there....Have you made sure that Insert button is not activated? When in
Word, the letters OVR will be at the bottom of the window. Just tryin to help.

"Sid Whiteside" wrote:

While typing a MS Word document the cursor continuosly dissappears, and
therefore no text is printed. i have had to retype at least part of every
document that I type since I'm not a touch typist. This will definately
prevent me from buying the program after the trial period if there is no fix
to this problem. Any fixes to this problem, I did not have this with MS WOrd
before downloading the Office Trial program.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Hi Sid:

It sounds as though your computer doesn't have enough memory installed.
It's struggling to catch up with you.

I think it would be a good idea NOT to buy the program until you have
upgraded your computer, since you don't have the power to run it.

If you have a computer less than three years old, this is not your problem.
Try to download and install Microsoft Windows Defender from the Microsoft
website, and allow it to do a full scan.

It's also possible that you have some nasty piece of spyware or a virus that
is hogging all of the power from your computer and so Word can't get enough
power to work properly.

Cheers

On 18/1/07 8:03 AM, in article
, "Sid Whiteside" Sid
wrote:

While typing a MS Word document the cursor continuosly dissappears, and
therefore no text is printed. i have had to retype at least part of every
document that I type since I'm not a touch typist. This will definately
prevent me from buying the program after the trial period if there is no fix
to this problem. Any fixes to this problem, I did not have this with MS WOrd
before downloading the Office Trial program.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sid Whiteside Sid Whiteside is offline

My computer is only a year, or maybe less, old and has plenty of memory. I
have the newest Norton antivirus, and have scanned it several times, but I
will try the program you suggested.

Thanks,
Sid

wrote:

While typing a MS Word document the cursor continuosly dissappears, and
therefore no text is printed. i have had to retype at least part of every
document that I type since I'm not a touch typist. This will definately
prevent me from buying the program after the trial period if there is no fix
to this problem. Any fixes to this problem, I did not have this with MS WOrd
before downloading the Office Trial program.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Norton AntiVirus itself can cause this problem.

You might look on the Norton site for instructions for how to "Disable the
Microsoft Office plug-in" which is what often causes problems.

Bring up Task Manager and have a look to see what's happening. Click the
performance tab. If the CPU is over 90 per cent, something is gobbling all
the power.

Click the Processes tab and sort by CPU. Tell us what the top five
processes occupying the CPU are and we may be able to help more.

Cheers

On 18/1/07 11:08 PM, in article
, "Sid Whiteside"