Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Virg Virg is offline

Default Removing blank spaces and "" marks

Hi all. I take a lot of emails that have been forwarded several times and
contain a lot of those aggravating "" marks and paste them into a word
document. When I use the Find and Replace and enter the and leave the
replace with blank, word removes the , but now I'm left with all this white
space. What's the secret for removing extra white space between words?
--
Virg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You might like the free utility splitmail linked from the downloads page of
my web site, designed to do this in one operation - or see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

Virg wrote:
Hi all. I take a lot of emails that have been forwarded several times
and contain a lot of those aggravating "" marks and paste them into
a word document. When I use the Find and Replace and enter the and
leave the replace with blank, word removes the , but now I'm left
with all this white space. What's the secret for removing extra white
space between words?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It helps if you include the space along with the when performing the
Replace, but if you've already failed to do that, try pressing Ctrl+E to
center the paragraph, then Ctrl+L to left-align it again. For more on this,

"Virg" wrote in message
Hi all. I take a lot of emails that have been forwarded several times and
contain a lot of those aggravating "" marks and paste them into a word
document. When I use the Find and Replace and enter the and leave the
replace with blank, word removes the , but now I'm left with all this

white
space. What's the secret for removing extra white space between words?
--
Virg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Virg Virg is offline

Thanks for the post! I have tried that, but I guess what I'm looking for is
the utility that Graham directed me to. Your suggestion DOES remove the ""
and a blank space, but I still have to go back and do some touch up
(sometimes a lot of touch up).
--
Virg

"Virg" wrote in message
Hi all. I take a lot of emails that have been forwarded several times and
contain a lot of those aggravating "" marks and paste them into a word
document. When I use the Find and Replace and enter the and leave the
replace with blank, word removes the , but now I'm left with all this

white
space. What's the secret for removing extra white space between words?
--
Virg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Virg Virg is offline

I'm hoping so, Graham. Looks like exactly what I've been looking for and will
try it out with next email and will post an update here. THANK YOU!
--
Virg

Virg wrote:
Hi all. I take a lot of emails that have been forwarded several times
and contain a lot of those aggravating "" marks and paste them into
a word document. When I use the Find and Replace and enter the and
leave the replace with blank, word removes the , but now I'm left
with all this white space. What's the secret for removing extra white
space between words?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you try using Ctrl+E, Ctrl+L to remove the spaces? See also
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Clean_Up_Text.htm, which offers a macro to
automate the steps detailed in my article.

"Virg" wrote in message
news
Thanks for the post! I have tried that, but I guess what I'm looking for

is
the utility that Graham directed me to. Your suggestion DOES remove the

""

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It helps if you include the space along with the when performing the
Replace, but if you've already failed to do that, try pressing Ctrl+E to
center the paragraph, then Ctrl+L to left-align it again. For more on

this,
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.