Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ben Schaum Ben Schaum is offline

Default Font Changes When Data is Merged

I have data stored in an Excel spreadsheet that I am merging into a Word
document. My Word document is in Human Light Cond font, as is the code for
the Mergefield. Then, when I actually merge the data, the font of the merged
field changes to Human Black Cond. I can highlight the data and change the
font to Human Light Cond, but it does not preserve the font when I merge the
data. The following is an example of the code:

{ MERGEFIELD EndPremiumChange \* MERGEFORMAT } where EndPremiumChange is my
variable from Excel.

Appreciate any help,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Ben,

This sounds like you may have 'hard formatted' the characters in the Human
Light Cond font, but the paragraph style uses the Human Black Cond font. If
so, correcting the paragraph style should solve the problem.

Alternatively, select the 'M' in 'MERGEFIELD' and format that in the Human
Light Cond font and change the '\* MERGEFORMAT' switch to '\* CHARFORMAT'.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Ben Schaum" wrote in message
I have data stored in an Excel spreadsheet that I am merging into a Word
document. My Word document is in Human Light Cond font, as is the code

for
the Mergefield. Then, when I actually merge the data, the font of the

merged
field changes to Human Black Cond. I can highlight the data and change

the
font to Human Light Cond, but it does not preserve the font when I merge

the
data. The following is an example of the code:

{ MERGEFIELD EndPremiumChange \* MERGEFORMAT } where EndPremiumChange is

my
variable from Excel.

Appreciate any help,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Select the end of paragraph mark (¶) and then from the Format menu, select
Style, then click on Modify and then on Format and select Font.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP