Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ben Carlisle Ben Carlisle is offline

Default Mail merge using unique hyperlinks

I am using Office 2007. What I would like to do is have an email sent
to a list of people, each containing a unique link that goes to a web
site. When I try to add a hyperlink to the document, I cannot add a
merge field to the destination address. I've tried copying from the
main document and pasting into the hyperlink address, but that does
not work.

Any tips?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The simple answer is not to use a hyperlink. Simply insert the mergefield in
the web link eg

http://www.{Mergefield fieldname}.com and the recipient's e-mail reader will
convert the merged data into a link when the e-mail is opened - much as this
link (or part of it) will have been converted (certainly if you view using a
news reader).

The link will not be an active link in your outgoing message.

Mail a copy to yourself and see what I mean.