Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miriam613 Miriam613 is offline

Default How do I stop uncontrolled scrolling?

Regardless of whether I'm in Word, Excel, or on the internet, my pages scroll
wildly. I've adjusted my mouse countless times, as per Microsoft's
suggestion and this does nothing at all. I can't even get the word
"scrolling" to show up when I ask for help. I am not a new used, but I've
bought two new laptops in the past several months and both of them do the
same things. I'm so frustrated that I sometimes have to put my work down and
go away from it to get calm.

How do I get some control over this wild scrolling? Anybody bump into this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Avoid brushing your touchpad? Can you turn down its sensitivity in the
computer hardware controls, or disconnect it when a mouse is plugged
in?

On Jan 18, 5:40*pm, Miriam613
wrote:
Regardless of whether I'm in Word, Excel, or on the internet, my pages scroll
wildly. *I've adjusted my mouse countless times, as per Microsoft's
suggestion and this does nothing at all. *I can't even get the word
"scrolling" to show up when I ask for help. *I am not a new used, but I've
bought two new laptops in the past several months and both of them do the
same things. *I'm so frustrated that I sometimes have to put my work down and
go away from it to get calm.

How do I get some control over this wild scrolling? *Anybody bump into this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
seven seven is offline

I've had the same problem on a desktop with both a USB mouse and a Bluetooth
mouse. With the USB mouse sometimes just unplugging it and then plugging it
into a different USB port would make it stop, however it would occur again at
some point. Then the problem got really bad with the Bluetooth mouse (after
months of use with no problems) so I uninstalled the Bluetooth and
reinstalled the corded mouse. Problem persists sporadically. Googled
"uncontrolled scrolling" but didn't find any definitive answers.

Called local computer repair shop and he had no answers either. The
scrolling happens in my browser, in programs, and in folders with no programs
open. Surely someone out there knows what causes this and what can be done
about it.

"Miriam613" wrote:

Regardless of whether I'm in Word, Excel, or on the internet, my pages scroll
wildly. I've adjusted my mouse countless times, as per Microsoft's
suggestion and this does nothing at all. I can't even get the word
"scrolling" to show up when I ask for help. I am not a new used, but I've
bought two new laptops in the past several months and both of them do the
same things. I'm so frustrated that I sometimes have to put my work down and
go away from it to get calm.

How do I get some control over this wild scrolling? Anybody bump into this?

How to stop text from scrolling down as I type new text? sue Microsoft Word Help 1 March 25th 08 07:57 PM
scrolling Keith Microsoft Word Help 4 December 11th 07 06:59 AM
How do I get my page to stop scrolling on its own in Word? Ratley Microsoft Word Help 1 November 22nd 06 04:59 PM
How do I stop the scrolling to the end of my document Rob Clarke Microsoft Word Help 0 August 20th 06 02:38 AM
How do you stop MS Word 03 stop exiting when clicking close only? casnj Microsoft Word Help 2 September 27th 05 12:03 PM