Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve from Simi Valley

Default Save feature no longer works

I experienced what many have written about. I tried the registry change
suggested at http://support.microsoft.com/Kb/91865 which resulted from
Security Update MS06-015. The registry modification does not work. I did
discover that as part of the Security Update an executable file was
added..."verclsid.exe".

I was able to work around it by doing the following:

In Word or Excel...hit "file" and if the dialog box does not immediately
open hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete and the Task Manager pops-up. Scroll through the
programs and find "verclsid.exe" and hit End Process...a warning will pop-up
but click out of it. The next level of the dialog box will pop-up and when
you click a folder that you want to save in...the computer will likely freeze
again...repeat the process.

Its a long way to do a simple task but what's the point of using a computer
if you can't save your work...good luck

Steve from Simi Valley
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You can also uninstall the update. Add/Remove programs. I hear that there is
a revised update coming out on Tuesday 4/25 that fixes this problem.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.